New Peer Initiative – February 3 Deadline
Application Deadline: February 3, 2015
The ACMHA Peer Leadership Interest Group (PLIG) is doing meaningful and important work for the field. If you have not seen it, the tool kit that arose out of our discussions and input is available and being promoted to the members. The PLIG has another opportunity to do some really valuable work…but the deadline is very short. We have received sponsorship funding to support the development of a program or product that collects and shares information about how peers are supporting At Risk Individuals (ARI) who, for these purposes, are defined as:
- Individuals in Rural and Frontier areas where resources are geographically hard to access
- Justice Involved Individuals
- Individuals experiencing multiple ongoing hospitalizations
- Individuals with multiple physical and behavioral health issues
- Homeless individuals
A work group is being put together to create the project. Individuals in the ARI PLIG work group will be asked to commit to the following
- Attend the 2015 Summit (funded) and listen to and consider activation and health literacy information.
- Participate in a 2-3 hour post-Summit session where individuals process conference findings, share other best practices, and determine what program or product the group will create to support the field: An eBook? A Toolkit? A Learning Collaborative? A white paper? A series of webinars? Sessions at Alternatives Peer Conference? Compendium of tools and resources?
- Receive input from the full PLIG on the content of the program/product.
- Create, finalize and distribute the selected program/product(s) by December 31, 2015.
Peers who are interested in being a part of the ARI PLIG work group will need to apply by completing an application and returning it to email@example.com no later than February 3, 2015. This is a hard deadline as all applications will be sent to the reviewers at the same time. We could not act sooner as funding just became available and the board approved the project